Since our initial public offering in 2007, Tracsis has made 4 successful acquisitions and is always on the look-out for well run technology and service businesses that are interested in being bought.
Our approach to acquisitions is by no means a one size fits all approach but in general we look to buy good businesses that have the following common traits:
- A great management team. Personal chemistry is important and given that many company founders wish to stay on post acquisition in some capacity our ability to work together is critical.
- A history of profitability and recurring revenue. Perhaps unusually, we are more interested in businesses that have shown consistent strong financial performance rather than meteoric growth
- A niche and defensible proposition. Part of our success at Tracsis is from having a truly unique offering which has high barriers to entry so this is what we look for in target businesses
- Our ability to leverage new sales. The previous businesses we have acquired have all had good up-sell/cross-sell potential
- Company cultures need to be broadly aligned. We are a diverse team of professionals which share a common goal – providing outstanding solutions to large problems within the transport industry. Tracsis is a relaxed, fun place to work and ensuring our enlarged team can work together is important.